Thursday, June 30, 2011

The best days at work...

...are sometimes the days I am not actually at work! 

This week has been a very enjoyable week at work, which involved two field trips.  On Tuesday, a co-worker and I took a little road trip to Columbia, MO to visit the rec center at the University of Missouri-Columbia.  What a great facility they have there!  It was nice meeting with the fitness coordinator at the rec center and hearing how they do things there versus how we do things are our rec center.  The little bit that we were on campus that day reminded me of being back at Central.  Sigh...the good ol' days of college before we entered the 'real world'. 

Yesterday, we took a field trip to tour the new soccer stadium that was recently built here in the area.  The LiveStrong Sporting Park is home to the Sporting Kansas City soccer team.  What an amazing complex!  Everything was so brand new and you could tell a lot of thought when into the design of the building!  I don't know much about soccer, but I think it's time I learned a thing or two so I can go to a game.  Who wants to go cheer on our home team?!  The following few pictures were taken from my phone, so not the best quality and don't do justice to how awesome the stadium was...



Notice the little soccer players for the restroom signs - cute!

This has been a great work week!  Guess it helps when I will have only been in the building for a total of 2 1/2 days this week.  Bring on a half day tomorrow and then a long weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great long weekend! Give a hug for me! Cute sign...must be an original!

    ReplyDelete