Thursday, October 20, 2011

I woke up this morning, with Texas on my mind...

I am a little slow with this post about my latest trip to Texas, but thank you, Shelly, for the friendly reminder to write a blog post!  Two weeks ago I took a long weekend trip to visit Tim in Kingsville.  It was a great weekend!  There really isn't much going on in the town of Kingsville, except the company was wonderful!  Tim gave me the tour of Kingsville and of the Navy base, which was very neat to see.  Too bad it was pretty windy that day and there weren't any jets flying!  It was a very relaxing weekend and we hung out with Tim's roommate and his girlfriend, who was also visiting.  We spent a lot of time in the kitchen; cooking, baking and then of course, eating!  We also spent the weekend watching movies, including Top Gun.  Have you watched Top Gun with two 'soon to be jet pilots'?  If not, I highly recommend it.  It is very entertaining and educational!  I now know why the planes are called tailhooks.  

Tim giving Betty Crocker a run for
 her money - making German Chocolate Cake

Yum! Homemade pizza...I eat well when I visit Tim.

A quick photo together before heading back to the airport


Sunday came way too quickly and it was time to head back to Kansas City.  A weekend visit isn't long enough, but better than nothing.  I had a great visit with Tim and am looking forward to the next...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great visit! Tim has always been into good food. I think he is one of the only people who as a jr. higher could toss and flip food in a pan with a flick of his wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this flick of the wrist food flip many times now - it's impressive! :-)

    ReplyDelete