The photography theme this week is 'slow down, look back.' When I first read that on Saturday morning, I really did not have a clue what I wanted to photograph. That brings us to today and I still did not have a better idea what to do. However, I realized tonight that all I needed to do to find a good subject for this theme was to slow down and look back...back into the backyard, that is! I was standing at the kitchen sink before dinner tonight and happened to glance out into our backyard; something I don't do too often. I don't pay too much attention to our backyard. Tonight, I got a pleasant surprise...Naked Lady Lilies!!
These beautiful pink flowers are everywhere in the Kansas City area, including my backyard! I first saw these flowers a couple years ago when my mom came out for a visit. After spending that weekend driving around and seeing the flowers, we went to the nursery to find out what kind of flowers they were exactly. Mom had me pick her up some bulbs so she could plant them at home and hope they survived the harsher Michigan winters. I have received Naked Lady updates on her three plants that she has at home over the past few summers and just last week, she reported that she had one flower! I had not really seen any of the flowers here yet this year until last night when I went out for a run throughout the neighborhood. I noticed a lot of them this morning on my drive to work, and now to have two groups of them in my backyard...just another reason why I love living in this house!!
MCP Project 52 - Week 33
Theme - Slow down, look back
They're beautiful! I knew your yard would be a perfect spot for Naked Ladies!
ReplyDelete