Walking in a winter wonderland....
Lights, lights and more pretty lights! Rose, Katie and I headed down to the Plaza tonight to check out the Plaza Lights. We figured it was a good evening for this since it wasn't really cold outside. The Plaza Lights were really nice and we saw various people playing instruments on the street corners. A bagpiper, french horn players and singers all serenading people with Christmas music. There was a lot of hustle and bustle going on at the Plaza tonight! It was a nice night to be outside enjoying the beautiful lights.
After the Plaza, we decided to drive around listening to Christmas music and checking out the other Christmas lights in the area. The best was a house that was all decked out with lights...and then the neighboring house with their funny sign (see photo below - which doesn't due it justice since I was taking the photo out of the car while we were stopped at the red light). Also, another great place to see is the Legler Barn Museum and Park in Lenexa. The lights on the trees were really pretty! It's times like this where I think a little snow would have made the lights even that much prettier. Again...I can't believe I'm wishing for snow!!
Did you feel compelled to play a french horn again? I'm sure I could find your mouthpiece and send it to you!
ReplyDeleteThat Ditto sign is AMAZING!!!!! I would totally do something like that
ReplyDeleteI think you should, Andy!
ReplyDelete