Saturday, May 7, 2011

Feeling crafty...

I've been in a crafty mood lately...  I don't know if it's because I've been reading a couple crafting blogs or just the need to have a project, but whatever the reason, I've been feeling crafty.  On one blog, I came across the website for Jenna Lou Designs (http://www.jennalou.com/) and her super cute purses!  (Check them out - they are really cute!)  Not only does she sell the purses already made, she also sells the patterns to make your own purse.  I had been trying to find a new purse for Spring and wasn't having much luck, so I thought I'd make my own.  I purchased two patterns (the Ella handbag and the Amy handbag) and then headed off to JoAnn Fabrics to get my supplies.  


I decided to start with the Ella purse, since it looked a little bit easier.  Besides a few minutes of video chatting with Mom to get a question answered, the purse went together very easily.  I am happy with how well it turned out!  It's a little smaller than my normal purses but it works nicely for carrying the essentials.  I thought I'd share a couple pictures of my finished purse...


I just came back from another trip to JoAnn Fabrics with fabric to make the Amy handbag....stay tuned for pictures once that's completed.  
 

3 comments: